We've been really busy behind the scenes adding features and fixing bugs. Go ahead & apply updates to Starfish ETL today. Here's a rundown of some of the new things we've added in version 2.9...
- Further improved C# scripting support speed & stability.
- Starfish now provides a "Stage Action" variable for each stage in your job. This variable can contain "Insert", "Update" or "Delete" - very useful on Update/Insert jobs when you need to evaluation just which course was taken so you can run other conditional logic.
- Added retry attempts in the case of timeouts or connectivity errors for lookups.
- Added the ability to point a stage at the Origin. This one is huge - it actually allows you to update a record in your Origin connection. This means now you can perform a series of operations in your Destination, then go back and easily flag a record as "processed" in your Origin, or update a field with the external system's ID in the case of integration work.
- Added support for uploading attachments to Sage CRM over Web Services. They said it couldn't be done! Well, check it out.. now you can load attachments easily both on-premise and against SageCRM.com environments.
- Updated Salesforce.com API to the latest (version 26) for improved querying functionality & more.
- Added better license caching support & fixed validation errors for some Eurpoean countries.
- Made many improvements to the NetSuite connector for better support of custom fields & record types.
If you have any questions about any of these improvements, don't be shy - join us in the forums or let us know how we can help with your next migration/integration project..
Announcing an important new feature, you can now create and upload attachments within SalesLogix when using the SData connector. What's the significance? Previously you were able to migrate data for all entities except for attachments when using SData. You could import attachments if you had an On Premise deployment of SalesLogix, but if you used the Cloud Edition we could not move attachments. Now thanks to an update in the SData protocol, we can now move all of your files to the Cloud, allowing for more complete migrations from other systems including ACT!, Goldmine, Salesforce and other CRM systems.
Starfish ETL™ is the only ETL tool on the market that supports Sage SData and attachments for SalesLogix. Give it a try right now!
Data migrations and integrations with vtiger CRM has never been easier. Announcing now in Starfish ETL™ 2.7, you can import and export data to any module in vtiger, including custom fields. Both On Premise and On Demand implementations are supported by our connector, through use of vtiger's flexible Web Services interface.
We've also made some significant multithreading performance gains in the latest version, among many other improvements. ETL to the cloud at blazing speeds, using the most intuitive interface - download the trialtoday.
Think you may need a hand with your next vtiger CRM migration or integration project? Tell us about it, and we'll provide a quote ASAP.
For the latest release of Starfish ETL™, we've focused primarily on speed, productivity and stability. One of the largest performance boosters will be through the use of new Cross-reference ("Xref") functions. This allows you to relate two systems together quickly without the need for costly lookup functions for each row. For more information on this feature, check out the documentation page.
Additionally, version 2.6 offers:
- Improved querying capabilities for Microsoft CRM.
- Added support for impersonation (createdby/modifiedby) for Microsoft CRM.
- Added support for relationships with custom modules in SugarCRM.
- Added file IO VBScript functions to very easily Copy/Move/Delete/Read/Write operations.
- Easier method for grabbing previous stage values through a new variable type.
- Fixed over a dozen bugs, improving stability and run times. View the latest full changelog.
Grab the latest version by downloading it now.
With this new feature in Starfish ETL 2.5, you can now backup any system from the cloud to an on-site database. This is extremely useful for reporting, data warehousing & data mining or just peace of mind. The System Backup Wizard is capable of connecting to any of our CRM connectors (including NetSuite, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, and SalesLogix). It will recreate all tables/entities keeping the equivalent data types, within any SQL compliant RDBMS (including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL). Then it will create a series of Starfish ETL jobs which will perform the actual backup operations. You can set it up to write a complete dump of the data, or filter only data which has been added or modified since the last time it ran. The jobs can then be scheduled to run daily to keep your backups in sync with the production system. Give it a try today, and simplify your cloud reporting! For more information about the System Backup Wizard, check out the documentation page about it.
Some examples of the backups you could perform with the System Backup Wizard:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM to SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Oracle
- Salesforce to Oracle
- Salesforce to SQL Server
- SugarCRM to MySQL
- NetSuite to SQL Server
- NetSuite to Oracle
- SalesLogix Cloud to SQL Server
In previous versions of Starfish ETL, you've been able to connect or Oracle or MySQL through ODBC connections. In version 2.3, we've made it even easier by adding native connectors for these RDBMS platforms. Using native drivers means even faster data loads and extractions using our intuitive ETL framework. These new connectors have been built using our new Connector API. More information on building your own connectors is available within our Connector SDK. Download the Starfish ETL 2.3 trial today and complete your Oracle and MySQL ETL projects in less time than you ever thought imaginable!
Support for Sage CRM has been added in the latest release of Starfish ETL 2.2. Using Sage CRM's Web Services API, data can easily be migrated or integrated to or from Sage CRM. Starfish ETL supports on-premise versions of SageCRM, and the hosted SageCRM.com version. All entities exposed to the API are supported, including nested tables (addresses, phone numbers, email addresses).
The error handling capabilities have also been greatly improved within Starfish ETL. If a job encounters an error while running, a message is logged and the processing will continue. The entire erroring row gets logged to an intermediate CSV file. Corrections can then be made to the CSV file and just the exceptions can be re-run, greatly increasing the speed of the import development process.
Several new features have been added including a much improved log window, a new SmartQuery function, lookups for MCRM, support for SFDC Relationships, and new format conversion operations for HTML, Binary and Base64 data. Download the Free Trial now. Have questions? Join the conversion in our new support forum.
The latest release of Starfish ETL™ 2.0 significantly improves the user interface, making data mapping even easier. With full support of ribbon technology, down to highlighting mapped fields. In addition to ease of use, we've added the Salesforce Bulk API which greatly improves performance. No more fumbling around with the Apex Data Loader or worrying about getting data into CSV format first - Starfish ETL™ does all the work for you. Point it at any data source, set up your maps, and be absolutely amazed by the speed! Migrating data to the cloud has never been easier. Why not download it and check it out for yourself?