MSCRM 2011 connections mapping - 'How to' request

ATTENTION: This forum is no longer active. Please navigate to our new support site at https://support.starfishetl.com/
Viewing 3 posts (of 3 total)
Sebastien
User - Author

Hello,

It seems that though the MSCRM 2011 API that Starfish is using, you cannot perform connections between contacts (get a non allowed to create connections message).

I suppose you have already a workaround for it. Saw the MSCRMrelationship function, but is it this one I have to use?
Their is also the SDK way, but building connection directly with Starfish would be less expensive regarding time.

Could you please provide me more details on how I could make connections from Golmine to Dynamics? Witch way to use? If their is a workaround? And in the case their is a solution, if you could take a short time to provide me into your answers more advanced details so I could go further.

Best Regards,

Séb.

Comments (3)

Aron Hoekstra's picture Aron Hoekstra
Administrator

Could you please provide me with a little more information? What exactly are you trying to relate or create connections on? What were you attempting to do specifically when you got that error message?

Thanks

Sebastien's picture Sebastien
User - Author

Thanks for the answer,

it is regarding the 'ORG CHART' I explained once. Into MSCRM 2011, the only way to build a hierarchy between contacts is to use the connection entity. I just wanted to know if Starfish has the ability to do it or if there is a MSCRM limitation to create connections because each way I tried (smartlookup, hardcoded values, scripted values..) gave me the same error message: 'The selected record does not support connections. You cannot add the connection.'. Just let me know if it is possible to use Starfish (and then the error comes from me), or if their is a function to use. If it is possible with Starfish, how should I proceed? Thanks

Sebastien's picture Sebastien
User - Author

MSCRM 2011 connection entity is creating 2 records (2 records linked) by their record1id & record2id
Therefore, I will have for a connection: 2 records & into each record record1id & record2 id will be switched 'i.e. first row containing record1 id will become record2 id in the second row. What I did so far is making mappings that would generate one record (1 email and repeat operation).
Is it possible with Starfish to make connections? If yes, how? Thanks

Viewing 3 posts (of 3 total)

Forum Login

Login or sign up for our forums to connect to the user community.

You must log in to post.

Not a Member? Register.